Art Smart Challenge is our Art Competition 2016
We believe this is the premier art competition in 2016 and here are some of the reasons why.
Art Competition 2016 – It is hosted by an Art Event Center
This art event center is backed by a larger stained glass company, which throws multiple art parties a month, training courses, and offers canvas to ceramic painting. What a great place to rub shoulders with other established artists.
The cost is minimal. $5 per piece. But they have a promotion. In the month of December if you submit your art at their location in Tulsa, they will waive the fee. That is a part of why we believe the Art Smart Challenge is the best art competition 2016.
Popular votes accumulated on the Art Smart Challenge website will be used as a guide in selecting winners at the end of the year. Three judges will be selected which are stained glass crafts persons and artists. Simplicity of design is highly important. Judging is based equally on expression of the theme, ingenuity, creativity, use of color, use of space, strong focal point, originality, ability to reproduce in the stained glass medium, and overall creative quality.
- Create an original art/design concept on paper or canvas, using markers, colored pencils, crayons, or paints only. Copies of original will not be accepted.
- Artwork should be 11″ x 17″, in vertical/portrait orientation.
- Entries must not contain any verse or text.
- Artist to sign and date their artwork on the lower right hand side.
- Entries must be entrant’s own original hand-produced artwork; may not have been published previously, submitted in other competitions, or have won previous awards; may not be obscene or indecent; and must not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Artwork must be scanned or photographed to create a file in .jpg or .png format.
- Complete online entry form and follow submission instructions.
Cash & Prizes
- Total-$2500 in cash and prizes:
- Grand Prize– $100.00 Cash, Certificate of Achievement, Primary Display on Art Smart Challenge Sculpture, Jade Crystal Award, and the grand prize entry replicated in stained glass.
- First Prize(for each age group) – $50.00 Cash, Certificate
- Second Prize(for each age group) – $25.00 Cash, Certificate
- Third Prize(for each age group) – $15.00 Cash, Certificate
- Display– Winning drawings are featured throughout the year in the Art Smart Challenge Gallery and on the outdoor Art Smart Challenge sculpture located at the River Park of Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Grand Prize Winner School/Teacher – Receives a Tulsa Stained Glass workshop, and the “How to build a stained glass window” video.
- Stained Glass Window (Grand Prize): Size to be approximately 20×26 inches. Construction type to be either came, foil or mosaic. Construction time to be about 6 months. Production or supervision of panel will be by Tulsa Stained Glass. There is no “cash” value of this award. Delivery of window is FOB Tulsa. Boxing and shipping charges is the responsibility of the artist.