Art Smart Challenge Official Rules 2019
Entry Deadline October 31, 2019
Welcome to Art Smart Challenge art competition recognizing artistic talents worldwide. The competition is to draw an original work of art based on the theme “My World”, depicting the most important person, event or idea in your life. The drawing should represent the look of a stained glass window.
The 2019 competition has online submissions. The deadline for the primary competition is October 31, 2019; however, there are intermediate opportunities throughout the year to win prizes for early entries. Join our email newsletter and “like” our Facebook page for details and notifications.
- Judges will be three select stained glass craftspersons and artists.
- Simplicity of design is highly important. Judging is based equally on expression of the theme, ingenuity, creativity, use of color, use of space, strong focal point, originality, ability to reproduce in the stained glass medium, and overall creative quality.
- Create an original art/design concept on paper or canvas, using markers, colored pencils, crayons, or paints only.
- Artwork should be 11″ x 17″ or 16″x 20″, in vertical/portrait orientation.
- Entries must not contain any verse or text.
- Artist to sign and date their artwork on the lower right hand corner.
- Entries must be entrant’s own original hand-produced artwork; may not have been published previously, submitted in other competitions, or have won previous awards; may not be obscene or indecent; and must not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Artwork must be scanned or photographed to create a file in .jpg or .png format.
- Complete online entry form and follow submission instructions.
Cash & Prizes
- Total-$500 in cash and prizes:
- Grand Prize– $100.00 Cash, Certificate of Achievement, Primary Display on Art Smart Challenge Sculpture, and Jade Crystal Award.
- First Prize(for each age group) – $50.00 Cash, Certificate
- Second Prize(for each age group) – $25.00 Cash, Certificate
- Third Prize(for each age group) – $15.00 Cash, Certificate
- Display– Winning drawings are featured throughout the year in the Art Smart Challenge Online Gallery and on the outdoor Art Smart Challenge sculpture located at the River Park of Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Grand Prize Winner School/Teacher – Receives a Tulsa Stained Glass workshop, and the “How to build a stained glass window” video.
- Stained Glass Window of the Grand Prize Entry to be Delivered to Selected Organization: Size of the completed window will be approximately 20×26 inches. Completed window will be delivered to the selected organization 90 days from the close of competition. The 2019 recipient will be Resonance Center for Women in Tulsa, Ok. Production or supervision of panel will be by Tulsa Stained Glass.
Submission of Artwork: Competition administrators may require original artwork of winners to be shipped to ASC headquarters.
Certificate of Participation is available to all who enter the competition; download from Entry Form page during entry process or from Art Resources page.
Copyright: By entering the contest the artist/guardian agrees to transfer ownership including copyright to Bohm Inc. Submission of an entry constitutes the entrant’s and, if applicable, the parent’s/legal guardian’s, consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to Art Smart Challenge any and all rights, title, and interest in and to the entry including, without limitation, all copyrights. By entering, artist and parent/legal guardian consent to the use of his/her name, likeness, and city for advertising or promotional purposes without compensation.
Entry Submission Fee: See schedule online. Any artwork submitted without PayPal receipt number for payment will automatically be excluded from judging. In case of hardship, limited sponsorships may be available; contact us by email to request information.
Age Groups: Artist age is determined by how old the individual is on Deadline Date. Age groups are: up to 7-years, 8-10 years, 11-14 years, 15-18 years, 19-60 years, 61 and up. Every age division is judged and awarded independently. Top winners in each age division are judged again to select a grand prize winner.
Multiple Entries: Multi-entry package must be used by 1 artist within the current competition year. There is no limit to the number of pieces of artwork an artist can enter into the competition. Only one entry per artist is considered in final judging.
Rules Changes: Bohm Inc reserves the right to change any aspect of these Art Smart Challenge rules or operations of this competition at any time without notice or fiduciary responsibility.